Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day 8 by Cameron

Today we went to Kiholo Bay, a marine preserve protected and loved by the people of Hawaii and their culture. The moment we arrived, there was a new energy in the air. We could all feel it, and knew this was a special place. The trees, water, ground and wildlife all felt connected.

My favorite part of the day was after all of the day's events were over, we were able to swim in the waters. My favorite animal is a turtle, which made this day especially amazing. The shallow waters, at a depth of at most 4 feet, were filled with turtles in all directions. Before today, I had never swam with turtles, and that was one of my goals for the trip. The experience, for me, of being able to swim with and sit next to turtles was my highlight of the whole trip.

This was the last day of the trip and because of this, I have a lot of reflecting to do, both on what I've learned and what I've seen. I have learned so much from this trip, and changed so much as a person.


Thank you to Ed, Susan, Don and Lauren for being here with us for every part of this amazing journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment